Health & Fitness
Health Tips For A Healthy Diet
The essential part of our everyday living is what we consume in our bodies. Food is something that we all must have to keep our body functioning in an optimal manner. The difference is what we consume so we will give you some tips to keep your body running at peak condition. If you drive a high end vehicle and only put premium gasoline in your automobile; why would you not do the same for your "temple" which is your body?
- Eat three meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner); it is important to remember that dinner does not have to be the largest meal.
Control portion sizes; eat the smallest portion that can satisfy hunger and then stop eating.
- People should avoid using grease or frying foods in grease.
- Choose lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts (with emphasis on beans and nuts).
- Choose foods that are low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt (sodium), and added sugars; look at the labels because the first listed items on the labels comprise the highest concentrations of ingredients. Avoid eating a large meal before sleeping to decrease gastroesophageal reflux and weight gain.
- A vegetarian lifestyle has been promoted for a healthy lifestyle and weight loss; vegetarians should check with their physicians to be sure they are getting enough vitamins, minerals, and iron in their food.
- People with unusual work schedules (night shifts, college students, and military) should try to adhere to a breakfast, lunch, and dinner routine with minimal snacking.
For more information visit webpage below.